1. Building Your Application
This step usually consists of a phone call with an agent to understand your file and what we are trying to accomplish. We will ask you for preliminary documents to start your file. These generally include the following.
- Photo ID
- Proof of Income: Most recent paystub, 2 years T4s, employment letter.
- APS & MLS (if you have already found a property you are purchasing).
- Info on the other properties: Mortgage statement and property tax bill.
2. Submitting to Lenders
After putting your application together, we decided which lender best suits your file. This decision is made based on multiple factors, including your income type, how many properties you own, or if you're a first time home buyer.
3. Signing Your Mortgage Documents
Once we receive your commitment from the lender, you will sign your mortgage documents, These documents include a breakdown of all fees associated with the process, a schedule of your payments and your mortgage application.
4. Fulfilling Conditions
In the mortgage commitment, you have noticed a list of conditions needed to be met in order to complete your file. These are documents the lender requires in order to support the information given to them for your application. These documents can include the following:
- Proof of Income: Most recent paystub, 2 years of T4's and employment letter.
- 90 days of savings or investment statements.
- T4's, T4A's, T1 Generals, Notice of Assessments
- Info on other properties: Mortgage statement, property tax bill, leases, proof of condo fees.
- Business Owners: Business License, Articles of Incorporation, 6 months business/personal bank statements, 2 years of business financials.
- Proof of debts paid: Discharge statement from lender, credit card statements, bank statements showing payments, etc.
5. Bonus Files
- Appraisals are required for the majority of refinances and purchases below 80% LTV.
- Provide us with your lawyer info or we can recommend one if you do not have one.